Monday, May 28, 2012

Chapter 5



My pillow full of tears,just like after mom died. 

"Not again" I whisper.

Beep,Beep

>Ivy
Message:

Hey,Ariel! Let's go to that new patisserie down seasouth street.i hear it tastes good! Den's gonna come too! 

I should go out.It's a beatuiful day & since i don't want to eat breakfast & stay with dad here.

Sign: Seasouth Street.

"ARIELLA!!!!!!!!" Ivy waves at me.

"Hey." I say



"It's a miracle you didn't have breakfast today ariel." Says Ivy

"Yeah,you never go out without eating." Says den

"Something happened last night." I say with a serious tone

"What?" they both asked

"Dad says we're moving." I answered

"That's good change of pace." Ivy sips her tea.

"No,it's not!" I say with a serious tone

They both go quiet and stared at me.

"I don't wanna move. that house is our memories with..mom. " I say

"..."

"Did you tell your dad you didn't wanna move?" Ivy asked

"I did! " I answered

"And?" Den waits for more of my answers

"He got furious." I say

"Ariel.."den says.

Riing..ring

"Hello? yeah? oh good! guys let's go!" Ivy says being all energetic as usual

"Where?" I ask

"Yoga!" They both say

"That's why i'm in my gym clothes!" Ivy says

"No thanks,i'll pass. i'm staying here." I say

"You sure? " Ivy asks

"It'll clear your head a little." Den says

"I'm sure." I say

"Okay,den let's go." Ivy says

"Right,see you ariel." Den waves at me

"see you." I say

After they left i went out for a walk. i was deep in my thoughts that i never noticed i went to the cemetery. i might as well visit her.

The cemetery is really creepy when we went to visit a relative here.but after mom died,it became my home.i would always visit her.her tombstone would be filled with flowers everyday that the grave keeper told me to stop filling them up.i never did.in fact that wasn't enough flowers for her.

here it is again. the cold gray cement with her embbed name...birth of date...and...that date.

"Hey mom. I'm here again...we're moving,isn't that frustrating? we're going to leave our house.....the memories....all of it... I miss you."

I look intently at her grave. The place is quietly creepy but is the right atmosphere to set my mood in. I walked away before another river of tears burst out of me.
I noticed i was still holding the boquets i bought for her. When i walked back i saw a familiar figure. I hid behind a tree.

Surprisingly,i saw him..

My brother who is setting down freshflowers and an apple for my mom. my mom loved apples.

He stayed there for 5 minutes. I thought he was going to be dramatic,expectation fail.

After that he left the grave.I followed after him.

He got onto a car.wonder where that came from.

I followed him from a 50 minute ride. what the hell!

The street sign says "West Corner Street"

I see an apartment which looks to be quite expensive. I see him go in.



"HEY! ARIELLA!"

Crap!





"H-hey! C-Caleb!"

"Wazzerp! Ariella! haven't seen you in a while? did you & raph already made up?"



"Shhh! Shh!Caleb! shut up!"

"Hey! Raph!"

My brother turns around.

"Hey caleb! and..."

I wave at him awkwardly and flashed a huge awkward smile.

"Guess not."

"OF COURSE NOT,YOU IDIOT!"

"I'll be leaving now."

caleb runs off.

"Pothead!"

My brother faces me.

"Haven't seen you in a while."

"... yeah." he looks away from me while scratching his neck

"What!? are you pretending that you just hear a voice in your head? Keeton stop this! this is so immature! we aren't kids anymore! so...will you forgive...me?"

I can't believe that i have to be the one to say that! Ugh this brother of mine is so proud!

"I've forgiven you a long time ago."

"HA? then why haven't you spoken to me?"

"I got...kind of shy."

"You are so gay."

"Yeah. What are you doing here anyway?"

"Me? Oh! Oh! I was visiting somebody,n--n-near here. a university friend of mine for a project."

"Oh. Where does---"

"You know what! since we put the past behind us why don't you just let me in? I've been tired making the project mind offering me food or juice or something?"

"Sure."

"Holy Guacamole! nice place! Woahh! how did you afford all this?"



"After aunt natalie found out i ran away,she tried convincing me to come home or stay with her.psh,like i would stay with her and cousin elijah. i said no a lot of times,so she said she knows a nice place for me to stay in.i accepted since staying with caleb maybe a bother for his family."

"Oh.So,who pays the rent?"

"Me."

"Really?!" i say raising an eyebrow

"Okay,i pay half of it."

"Keeton!"

"What?"

"Instead of letting aunt natalie pay for all of this why don't you just come back to us?"

"No."

"Why?!"

"I want to forget everything."

"Mom?! You can't you know."

"I know that! What i meant was, i want to be by myself."

"For now?"

"Not exactly."

"So what you're saying is that you want to be free."

"That's the point and that involves not wanting to see dad and you."




I couldn't believe what he said.

"You are being selfish keeton windsor!"

"...that's what mom calls me when she's angry at me."

keeton never really takes serious conversations like this seriously. It started to become quiet.all i can hear is the running fountain backyard.


"Can i still visit?" i say breaking the awkward silence. our first ever awkward silence.

"..."

"Okay,i get it! I'm leaving!"

I hear him sigh on my way out.

"And by the way,dad misses you. we all do. just so you know."

I slammed the door. i was so angry i wanted to shout! how could he be so selfish and treat his family...us! like nothing!!!

I went home and straight to my room.

Knock,knock.

"Yeah?" i say while my head buried in my pillow.

"Ms.ariella.the boss says that we'd pack your bags."

"Right." I say

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment